Thursday 3 May 2007

Positive Thinking

When I first posted on 4th January this year, I stated that I hoped to blog again (even if I weren't really sure what a blog was) and had every intention of keeping it going. Secretly I set myself a target of 100 posts in the first year. Well , this is post number 50 and it is still only early May, so I am well on course to hit my target. Inspiration comes easy thanks to there being so many funny and entertaining people to pay tribute to. I have not even scratched the surface yet.

I thought it fitting to mark my half century with something of a return to where it all began - Morecambe and Wise. I think I have remained remarkably restrained in not mentioning them more often than I have. Bring Me Sunshine was probably their most famous show ending song but there were others and this clip is of Eric and Ernie singing Positive Thinking. It's a clever little ditty and like BMS ( blogged on 16th February if you are interested) it is in keeping with the Morecambe and Wise tradition of feel-good sentiments. We also get to see the famous hands behind the neck skip-dance as the pair exit the stage.

This will not be my last reference to M&W in this blog I can promise. But a good way to end the first fifty posts I think. Here's to the next fifty............

No comments: