Monday 3 September 2007

A Blog In Crisis

Well almost anyway. I have really enjoyed blogging and have been pleased with most of my efforts. But August was difficult for me time wise. Holiday away and work load, meant little time for research. Then came the crisis. After paying scant attention to my blog for a couple of weeks, a quick visit resulted in me finding my video postings decimated. Ok, so I understand something about copyright, and can respect it, but come on, is it really so necessary for so much good stuff to be withdrawn from You Tube.

Anyway, it kind of took the wind out of my sails to see quite a bit of hard work evaporate. After much thought, however, rather than lose heart, I have decided to change things around a bit. I did say in my very first posting that I had no idea where this blog would go, so I have licence to go down a few new avenues if I choose to ! A lifestyle change means I will have a lot more time and energy going forward. So future blogs will be better researched with more depth and supported by pictures (which won't disappear) rather than clips. I very much intend to develop the comedy content and continue some of the features I have started. But I will also be broadening my tributes to music, sport, literature, entertainment, film, theatre and just about any other area I feel moved towards. I want Bring Me Sunshine to be fun. I also want it to be a record of the things I have enjoyed and admired in life, past and present. It remains entirely personal to me................I know very few people follow this blog.........so the only person who needs to be happy with it is me !

I do intend to post regular video clips, comedy and music, as I know they give BMS dimension. However I will blog them in future under the heading of Video Vault and will spend no time adding any comment or researching them. That way when they disappear from You Tube, as they inevitably will, I will be disappointed, but I can simply delete them from BMS with no detrimental effect to my blog.

So it wasn't really a crisis after all and I look forward to more and even larger postings than I have managed so far.

No comments: