Wednesday 31 March 2010

Today Is Paloma Faith Day


I have decided to make today Paloma Faith Day. I cannot recall the last time the music of a new artist has left me quite as exhilarated. Thinking about it, probably my schoolboy days in the early seventies, as favourite acts released new singles and I waited for them expectedly. But Paloma is all about now as far as my music taste is concerned. It is too easy for anyone, and especially someone of my ripening years, to totally overlook current work. And far too many people quickly decide it 'all sounds the same'. Paloma is always being compared with her contemporaries. Which is altogether ridiculous. Because she is far far better than any other female performer for a long time. I have posted videos of all her singles to date. Watch them a few times. Listen to the lyrics. Enjoy the melancholy and the passion, mop up the mood. This lady is good.

Paloma Faith was born in Hackney, London in 1985. She co-writes most of her work. She is also an accomplished actress, having appeared on TV and the movie re-make of St. Trinians. If her early career is anything to go by she is going to be a superstar - and I have a feeling this girl is so talented she may even have a few choices to make as to where she concentrates her efforts. If her musical output can be maintained I say keep it coming kid.................it's absolutely brilliant.

No comments: